A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
We store cookies on your computer to:
- Recognise your geographical location in order to serve you region-specific content.
- Identify whether or not you are logged in to our website.
- Prevent fraudulent activity.
- Improve security.
- Store the content of your basket while you browse the site and to complete an order.
- Distribute visitors to our site evenly across platforms to ensure the content is served at the fastest possible speed.
THIRD PARTY AND ANALYTICS COOKIES
We use Google Analytics and Crazy Egg to analyse the use of our website.
Our analytics service provider generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies.
The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website.
When you use our website, you may be sent third party cookies.
We use Google Maps to display mapping data and interactive map images to you on our website. The Google Maps service sets cookies on your computer to store your preferences, to improve your user experience.
COOKIES AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and then "Advanced";
- in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", "Privacy", selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, and unticking "Accept cookies from sites"; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Content settings", and then selecting "Block sites from setting any data" under the "Cookies" heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
- in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Privacy", then selecting "Use custom settings for history", clicking "Show Cookies", and then clicking "Remove All Cookies"; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Clear browsing data", and then selecting "Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data" before clicking "Clear browsing data".
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address)
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address)
- information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or any other transactions that you enter into through our website (including your name, address, telephone number, email address and card details)
- information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and meta data associated with the communication)
USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
- administer our website and business;
- personalise our website for you;
- enable your use of the services available on our website;
- send you goods purchased through our website;
- send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud;
DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
Information that we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: the United States of America.
Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section.
RETAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
We may notify you of changes to this policy by email.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
This website is owned and operated by Eames Kids.
We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 6176026, and our registered office and principal place of business is at Unit 15 Kernan Drive, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 5JF.
You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our website contact form or by telephone on 01509 236206